Friday 6 July 2007 at 20:12, mcrilf wrote...

Website grader - how 'good' is your site?

There seem to be website 'graders' popping up all over the place at the moment. I blogged about BlogJuice the other day and have come across another tool that analyses any site you point it at and gives SEO tips about how to improve it.

It's called websitegrader.com and apart from having a nice AJAX interface and a very wacky 'I'm busy doing stuff' animated icon its results are well laid out. You give it your URL, keywords and competitor sites and it'll give you a score out of 100.

For this site, they gave me 49. Plus some useful pointers that I hadn't noticed already (a couple'a META keyword issues). Interestingly, they also flagged up in a big red box "Website running on blogspot.com" and pointed me to this article about why that's a Bad Thing. Some of the points they make there (like the 301 redirect thing) are valid. But the blogger platform is fine with me right now.

If you have enjoyed this post, please subscribe to this feed, share it AddThis Social Bookmark Button


1 comments:

On 25 September 2007 at 13:31, mcrilf said...

A quick update, just so I can record the rise in this site's performance. Websitegrader.com is now giving this site a score of 56/100