Saturday 8 September 2007 at 09:11, mcrilf wrote...

Shopping cart software

Some time ago I was looking for a shopping cart package to use for a friend's online store I was building (Coochi - they sell baby bathing aprons). I looked at a whole load of packages but none of them really ticked the box as to what I needed, so I ended up building my own.

I'm sure I included Ashop commerce at the time of my review but I recently re-visited them as once again, I was looking at alternative shopping cart software. Back then it didn't grab me, but they must have upgraded since then and I have to say that what they are offering now is impressive.

As well as a shopping cart which is easy to use for the consumer, the admin system is great. It offers everything you'd expect:

  • category management
  • order processing
  • customer management
  • gift certificates
  • custom templates

but also has some great advanced features like:
  • product feeds for submitting your product catalogue to shopping.com, Google base and others
  • accounting package integration to QuickBooks and MYOB
It's also nice to see that they pay attention to producing a shopping cart that is search engine friendly.

You can see the admin system and a demo store on their website and they also offer a free 10 day trial, so if you're currently on the lookout for a shopping cart, it's well worth a look.


This has been a paid review - and I’ve given my honest opinion about the Ashop commerce service

If you have enjoyed this post, please subscribe to this feed, share it AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: